|St Mary, Bunny|
|Piscina on the left and 3-seat sedilia|
|Monument to the Wrestling Baronet, Sir Thomas Parkyns, 1741|
Thomas's ancestor, Sir Richard, left a more traditional kind of monument to himself and his wife and 8 children, which the church has explained imaginatively for the benefit of visitors, bringing history to life.
|Monument to Sir Richard and Elizabeth Parkyns, 1603|
|Explanatory board for the monument|
|Open Day guide, Graham Norbury|
|St Mary, East Leake|
|Herringbone masonry in the north wall and exterior of the Norman window|
|East window of the south aisle|
|East window of the chancel|
The interior is uncluttered with an Early English (1150-1250) arcade in the nave and a single aisle, on the south side. There are very splendid 14th Century windows with bold, Decorated tracery in the east wall of both the chancel and the aisle.
A small Norman window in the north aisle has a splayed recess, gaining maximum light and showing off delicate stained glass depicting The Annunciation. St John the Baptist is portrayed in the adjacent window.
|Norman window in north wall|
|Stained glass depicting St John the Baptist|
|The vamping horn|
Perhaps the most unexpected feature in the church is its vamping horn, found in only 8 other churches in the country. Otherwise known as a shawm, it was nearly 8 ft. long at its full length and was used to "vamp up" the sound of the choir. Both instrument and choir would have occupied the gallery that was at one time accessed through a high doorway in the tower. The blocked up door above the tower arch can still be seen.
|Early English arcade with tower arch and blocked up doorway above|